View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #20
1st Leg of the Journey
Send a message via Skype™ to Marg1e
Wow! - look what happened while I was asleep!
What a fascinating thread this is: I thank you all.
Back to the beginning: yes, I use the yarn wrapped around the fingers of my right hand, so it's definitely English. Hardly surprising: when I was growing up, everything Australian was English, basically. I don't recall the point at which we suddenly did a quantum leap and abandoned that with which we'd been raised, and became Yankophiles, copying everything you guys do.
Particularly interested in DogCatMom's abhorrence of long-tail CO. One of the reasons it took me so long to get going on my monstrous beautiful project is that I kept trying it, and kept NOT achieving a sensible length of wool to be woven in, eventually, as the end. "About a foot for every 20 stitches", the video says: b*llsh*t. (See how thoughtful I am of others' sensibilities?) I tried a foot and a half, a foot and a quarter, a foot and three-quarters, two feet ... made no diff.: I NEVER ended up with a leftover end of a practical length. Which is why I said a couple of nasty things about it and returned to my normal style of CO.
I doubt I wind the wool correctly around my fingers, for using anything with a metallic thread is impossible, as it twists beyond belief. But, as with the spastic way I crochet, I've decided I'm far too old to change, and it works, anyway.
The moving finger writes
Marg1e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marg1e For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-06-2013)