View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #21
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,044 Times in 2,556 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Yes, you can. I haven't done it that way because I prefer ML, but I found a few videos. I think this one from Cat Bordhi is the best one and is how I do it. She's using big needles and yarn to show you how to do it, but it looks better in lighter yarn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Px2dxWHZ8U

She shows increases for her pattern, but how you do them will depend on your pattern. I only did one on each end of each needle (4 increases total) like this ---
Round 1 - KFB, knit until 2 stitches remain on needle KFB, k1. Repeat on other needle.
Round 2 - Knit all stitches on both needles

Repeat both rows till you have your ultimate stitch count.

You do them the KFB like the above so it will match on each side. If you're using DPN instead of ML just keep track of where your increases are since you're using m ore than just the two needles.

Jan, I think she said in at least one rendition of this method, that 3 is the magic number for casting on. Did I get that right? Does it apply only to the particular pattern she refers to? How many did you use? Questions, questions, questions. This Turkish cast on seems different somehow from ones I've looked at before. Must try it this way. Thanks!

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote