View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad
Jan in CA's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 38,160
Thanks: 1,723
Thanked 8,979 Times in 7,324 Posts
It's better to repost a question here than to make everyone go some where else to read it. Or just come here in the first place.

There are multiple names for the same thing (YO, YFWD, YF....) and most mean YO depending on what the next stitch is. We have a glossary at the top of the page. Here's one from KP that has it in a little more detail.

It sounds to me like you bring the yarn forward to start then k2tog, and then YO, K2tog to the end of the row or round. I don't know why it's written that way. It may be a British pattern or an old one.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (05-21-2013)