View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
ad2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
I think knitting-in-the round is easy. It's just knitting...but instead of back and forth...RS then WS...you'll always be knitting with the RS facing you. Plus, the big bonus: there's no seaming (or minimal seaming) with round knitting! I personally think the advancement from flat knitting to round knitting is a nice goal for you! I think you should try to do it!

On the other hand...whereas 'round' knittting is easy...what about the pattern you've got your eye on?
Does it call for techniques that you're familiar with? Will you enjoy this?
It does look pretty straight forward, but thats just from reading it and i could probably be very wrong. Its from a magazine. its this one see raverly the pic is there of the pattern, obviously.....but yeah thought i'd just show it to you all.

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Why not give it a try? You'll never know for sure until you do. It's not all that difficult anyway. Watch the video for joining in the round (avoiding the dreaded twisted or mobius join) and any others that offer helpful advice. Read ahead in the pattern and see what some of the techniques are. You'll do fine once you get it started and you can always come back here for questions or advice (and a photo of the finished pinafore, I hope).
Yeah..now i've got to buy the needles lol! Fixed or Interchangeable? IF i buy interchangeable what if I never ever use them again? Argh decisions lol