View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
This morning the ballet school my GD attends had demonstration day and I finally got to see her on pointe! Well, I've seen her on pointe but this was different, it was in the studio setting, not my apartment or her house. Anyhow, I was asked to pick up a friend of hers who was also going to see her dance. She had a hand knitted garter stitch scarf to give to my GD. We talked knitting. My GD is a lovely girl, a company dancer, and has a wonderful friend I hope I get to see again soon. I've had a lovely day. It's hard to believe these 14 year old girls will be in high school come fall. I'm too young to have a GD in HS!!!!

Oh phoo! You've got nothing to worry about! I'm too young to have one who graduated gr 12 this year! She sent photos yesterday. I've got a younger one who dances too - isn't it wonderful to watch them! I love going to the annual performances, but like you, I get lots of impromptu shows in my kitchen, and honestly I think those are the best.

We won't get old - these girls will keep us young forever. I'm glad you had such a great day, I know the feeling