View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #5
Dclutterchique
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by mk190 View Post
I am trying to knit the following scarf but I am confused by the directions. It says cast on 25 stitches, row 1 and all ws rows are purl-which I am fine with but I can't figure out how I am supposed to work row 2: *K1,ssk (yo k1) 3 times, yo k2tog* repeat, end with k1. This should equal 25 stitches but I am obviously doing something wrong because I am getting everything but 25 stitches. To confuse things even further the designer has updated the pattern to make it better and that's throwing me off too. The pattern is Rabbit Tracks Lace, by spindyeknit.Any and all help would be appreciated.
Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
I had to see what this pattern looked like.
http://spindyeknit.com/patternfiles/rabbit-tracks/
Very pretty. There are also videos on the Free Videos tab, Decreases for the ssk and k2tog if you need them.
You should have 31 stitches at the end of row 2 not 25. There are 4 increases and 2 decreases between each pattern repeat, which is done 3 time across the row.

Looking at the pattern Row 4 reads *K1, ssk, k5, k2tog*, repeat, end k1.

So there are no increases and 2 decreases in each pattern repeat. This gives a reduction of 6 sitches across the row bringing the sitich count back to 25.

FO: Downton Hat

A sweater of a thousand yards begins with a single stitch. Lao-tzu's Granny
Dclutterchique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dclutterchique For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (07-02-2013), GrumpyGramma (07-02-2013), salmonmac (07-02-2013)