View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
SimoneB
Ribbing the Cuff

That's really helpful, thanks! I already did the first set of short rows (spaced apart), but I think I might just go all the way across for all 10 rows from now on instead of doing another set of short rows. I guess maybe it doesn't make that much of a difference in the end. I'm kind of happy I didn't divide the pieces, though, I'm not really good at seaming so joining pieces of different sizes together would probably also have caused me a headache.

But I think I did something wrong on the short rows, the turns are very noticeable on the right side of the fabric - at least I remember them blending in more when I did them last, but the yarn I was using then was a little more forgiving. I am attempting the Japanese variety. Does it look right (if not, can you tell what I might have done wrong)?

After the pattern for the sleeves end, the front goes on for another 7 rows and the back for another 17 - this would be for neck shaping, which should be doable with short rows. When shaping the back of the neck you would stagger the short row turns so they form a crescent, like this: http://countrywool.tripod.com/freepatterns/shrow.htm
Would you use the same technique in the front? Looking at the finished pictures, I think the purpose is to create more of a boat neck shape.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130714_223624.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	56797  
SimoneB is offline   Reply With Quote