View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by DBNico2254 View Post
Claire thanks for the link showing the backstitch done on a knitted piece. The pattern calls for the backstitch because we want the seam allowance to show at both the front and the back center seams. What I'd love to know is how to ensure that you are going in a straight line. I tend to wobble off just a bit here and there as I seam and wouldn't ordinarily want anyone seeing the seam job I've done. This time I've no choice so want to do a very good job at this. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Hello DB – I completely understand your concern about wobbling. One of the reasons I learned to knit in the round was to avoid this very thing, no seaming, no wobbling. I have used a miner’s lamp (headlamp) to be able to see my yarn better, also, I use reading glasses and will double them up to get the magnification that I need. It is important to be able to see your yarn clearly while you are seaming.

Have you thought about using some swatches to practice? You could try out the back stitch, and the mattress stitch. After a bit of practice you will find out which technique works better for you and you will have the confidence to move forward with your project.

Happy
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote