View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,255 Times in 2,747 Posts
Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
I thought I was in Knitting Heaven, but must have made a wrong turn. Egad! I found myself in Frog Heaven, ‘ribbit, ribbit, ribbit’ became an all too familiar chant.

I committed the offenses of:

Knitting while
Knitting while
Knitting a complex project (lace) without a lifeline (ahem, a little arrogance will surely attract the attention of the frog gods).

And working the stitch through the back loop at the end of the every row did not work out so well either. Rather difficult to undo/redo that for me.

Ah well, there is always the opportunity for some good to come out of such mishaps and I was not too far along in the project. The resurrected project has two stitches at the end of each row worked in a stockinette stitch rather than a single stitch as the pattern calls for. This really helps to reinforce the neck. I also changed to a size 6 needle which means it is going along a lot faster. And I picked up some stronger reading glasses. It really helps to be able to see the yarn/thread.

We've been on the road for nearly two weeks, I today while DH drove, and I made good progress. A short drive tomorrow, just over four hours, and we'll be home (I miss my meow, meow). There are 159 stitches in the last row worked, 4 stitches are added every other row, so it is growing at a rather rapid pace. Maybe I'll have it finished by the weekend after this. Alright GG no A girl can dream, can't she?
I'm not laughing. I'm thinking of how many times I've frogged and restarted to frog and restart to frog..... I'm glad you found the larger needles work well as it will be a faster, easier knit for you. It often surprises me that fine yarn and needles that seem too large go well together.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote