View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
gtrickett
Casting On

wrong side/ right side mix up
Hello all. I appreciate the help you all gave me before, but I've run into a snag on my project. The project is an afghan. The patter includes increases and decreases with a row of dropped yarn overs to create a elongated stitch. I'm using circ needles for the first time to accommodate the massive amount of stitches I'm working with. It's pretty, I've worked through one and a half skeins but all of a sudden notice that I have somehow switched rs and ws. I have no idea how this happened, but on one repetition of the pattern, the "pretty" side was on what had been up to that point the wrong side. Luckily I was using a security thread so I easily ripped the mistake and reinserted my circ needle. Damage is minimal (only one row is left mistaken) but now I'm nervous about moving forward. Can anyone tell me how I made this mistake and how I can avoid it? I thought it might have something to do with the round of the work being away from me or toward me (if that makes sense). I tried to include pics but couldn't upload them. I think the file was too big. I'll try again later. I appreciate any help y'all can give in advance.
gtrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gtrickett For This Useful Post:
Idopaypebep (08-22-2013)