View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
claireweber
Working the Gusset

My 'Not a Circle Cloth'
I was having some difficulty following the directions for the Circle Cloth Circle Cloth, when I read this :

“(In my research I found that the original stitch pattern “Hexagon” can be found in Barbara Walker’s, A Treasury of Knitting Patterns, Page 67.)” Hexagon

I thought, alright, pulled out Barbara Walker’s book and began knitting from the pattern. I had gotten on a bit with it when I discovered that they were not the same pattern, but decided to continue

This was originally intended to be a tea cloth to lie in the bottom of my dish drain, but it ended up too small. On top of that, after I had bound it off I found a mistake, not very noticeable; I had purled a knit row.

It is large enough for a tea towel, 13X16½, I will wash it and block it and it will probably be put away, perhaps a gift for my MIL, even if she noticed the flaw, I know she wouldn’t mind.

I added two garter stitches on each side to edge it. The solid yarn is Light Blue ‘Sugar’n Cream’, I haven’t been able to locate the label for the variegated yarn. It is knitted in number 7 straights (if I had worked it on the circulars I would have gotten a better sense of the size, drat , where are those darn needles, anyway).

The ‘Hexagon’ pattern was easy enough to work after becoming familiar with it, I’m certain that the ‘Circle Cloth’ pattern would be just as instinctual to work; I still could use a cloth for my dish drain, there may be a ‘Circle Cloth’ in the works in the very near term.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hexagon Tea Towel.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	56961  
GrumpyGramma (08-25-2013), jinxnit55 (08-25-2013), justplaincharlotte (08-26-2013), sakura-panda (09-04-2013)