View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Here's the thing about Addi Interchangeables, whether they be Addi Clicks Lace Longs,
or Addi Clicks Lace, or the original Addi Clicks.

The join is going to be aggravating on all the smaller sizes...US 4, 5, 6.

The join isn't a problem on the larger sizes...US 7 and up.

The reason: the stitches created by the US 4, 5, 6 are too small to reasonably move up and over that join. The stitches will always catch.

I own the set of Addi Click Lace Longs and the set of original Addi Clicks. It's the same issue for both types. And I'm not surprised that you are experiencing issues on your Addi Clicks Short Lace.

Using one of the larger sizes (US 7, 8, 9) and knit up a swatch. I'll bet they work just fine and dandy!

FYI: I returned my needle tips to Skacel directly (through my knitting LYS) and got new ones in exchange away back when Addi Clicks were first launched. The replacements had the same issue. It's not a manufacturing issue. It's a design flaw.

IMHO,
interchangeables with a screw-on join are still the best. Not wanting to leave Denise Interchangeables out: their join is perfect, and they don't screw on. I love Denise, too. They are a good interchangeable if you like the material used and the thicker cables.

I love my Addi Clicks...loving mostly the finish of the needle tips, and the cables, and the little envelope case that's included. But if I had to do it all over again...I wouldn't buy the set. I'd cobble together my own set of US 7's and up, and buy the cables separately. I'd get a lot more bang for my buck.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
ABC's Mom (09-03-2013), claireweber (09-04-2013), jinxnit55 (09-07-2013)