View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
nonny2t
Instepping Out

O bought this book several years ago by Charlene Schurch called Sensational Knitted Socks and it is my go to book for socks. She has 4,5,6,7,and 8 stitch patterns you can use. She has charts that allow you to figure out exactly the size to make and I use those charts unfailingly. She also teaches toe up and cuff down how to make a sock and different heels. I even used her stitch patterns when I made the two belts I just finished. I swear by this book and have never had a sock not fit perfectly if given the proper shoe size.

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
That is a nice sock. The pair will be 2x nice! I like making socks that way too. Patterns...for a simple sock, forget it! I have to look at the Lorna's Laces yarn. I've been having trouble finding sock yarn I want too. Thanks for mentioning what you're going to use.

Right now I have socks for my DD and DS OTN. I'm almost ready to start the "girdle" ribbing around the foot on DD's and as soon as DS tries his on again, I can finish the tall tops. I intend to start wearing only hand knit socks, but that means I have to finish theirs and start my own!
nonny2t is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonny2t For This Useful Post:
claireweber (09-25-2013), GrumpyGramma (09-25-2013)