GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,264 Times in 2,756 Posts
Originally Posted by ruvo44 View Post
http://knitfreedom.com/wp-content/up...ering-v2.5.pdf

See if this works.
Yes, it works! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jemm View Post
You're so welcome! Glad I could help, I'd love to know how they turn out.

Socks without a pattern?
I'm speechless

With the holidays coming up I don't know when I can start them, but xmas stockings are pretty close to making socks, right?

Thanks so much for the toe-up socks link and for offering to help. Knitters are passionate about their hobby aren't they?
I'm with Charlotte and prefer to skip the Kitchener for the toes. When I decided to knit socks the first time I was looking for a pattern/tutorial that would demystify things a bit and then realized that I had all I needed from the various tutorials and didn't need to buy a book or a pattern. I got some worsted weight yarn that was lying around not being used for anything and cast on. By the time I was done, I knew how to knit socks. It's not that I'm a great knitter (I'm not!) but find it easier to work with guidelines than an actual pattern. The exception will be Skew Socks or Exotic Whirlpool Socks because the fascinate me. The gauge thing scares me as fitting socks to my feet is something of a challenge.

Are knitters passionate about knitting? Maybe. I think the attached explains me.

I have about a mile of 2x2 rib before I can really concentrate on the heel thing. All this input is great and just as soon as I can devote the attention all this great help deserves, you know what I'll be doing!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brain works.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	57066  

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote