View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #28
Justknit1223
Casting On

Try taking a class!!
I'm definitely the biggest dork here. I'm the only 9th grader I know that went to the Fiber Loft in Harvard Ma to take a 5 hour class to learn how to spin yarn. (on a wheel, the drop spindle seemed tedious and boring to me)

At first I struggled with the hand motions. Treadling was easy and mindless. It's similar to rubbing your stomach and patting your head, you always have to think of one more than the other as you do it. After lunch it resonated a little more with me and I made a little better progress. IT JUST TAKES A HECK OF A LOTTA PRACTICE AND PATIENCE.

Attached is a picture of my results. I dyed it with Kool-Aid a and it still smells like sugar!!!

I learned on a Louet s10 and I've been scouring the internet with my mom trying to find a used wheel. I'm also looking into the Louet s15 a friend of mine is letting me practice on hers, and its practically the same as the s10. I think I'm leaning towards the Louet s15 though...

Lastly, not to be a nuisance but if anyone knows where I can find one it would be gratefully appreciated!!!
Justknit1223 is offline   Reply With Quote