Thread: Android App
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
I'll take a stab at this question. There are so many computing choices for us these days, it is becoming confusing, I agree!

Tablets are available in Android (many brands), Apple (ipad), Microsoft Windows (the Surface), and the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet which has its own unique OS (I think it's called Silk, and I've read it's an Android based OS, but adjusted for Amazon)

A "NetBook" is technically an itty bitty laptop PC. It doesn't have an Android OS. It's usually a lightweight Windows OS (Operating System). The NetBook popularity has sorta gone by the wayside with the introduction of Tablets, therefore you can get bargains on NetBooks.

Chromebook isn't a Tablet. I don't think it's got Touchscreen capability like The Surface. It seems to be a teeny laptop that uses the Chrome OS.

We looked at Google Chromebook for our son, but settled for another used MacBook. The Chromebook seemed nice, but evidently your data isn't stored in a harddrive, but in a cloud. Once they start talking about clouds, I'm feeling as if my brain is cloudy, and we have had such good luck w/ the used Macs.
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote