View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
FO: Artlady's Presto Chango
I want to thank jinxnit55 for her inspiration! She knit this darling Presto Chango design and posted it, and I loved it so much I knit one, too! I was searching for another baby sweater that was unusual, the this one is the absolute best because of the center panels! You can knit a different design for the center panel, or you can knit additional designs for the center panel. The sweater itself is rather plain. The center panels really dress it up! Thanks jinxknit55!

So here is my version. I knit 3 center panels. The one that comes with the design, a leaf pattern. And 2 additional center panels just because I had the yarn, and knitting a extra panel takes just an hour or so.

Here is the sweater with it's additional panels. I used Rowan 'Calmer' cotton blend. This pattern stitch is called Nosegays. I found it in The Knitting Stitch Bible (available on Amazon).

Eyelet Hearts pattern, found in the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Book 1 (available on Amazon).

The leafy design included in pattern:

These buttons don't slip out of the buttonholes because of the irregular edge of the daisy.

My Ravelry Notes The entire ensemble (in smallest size) used only 350 yds. I used a smaller needle than 'gauge' because I wanted it to be newborn size, not 6 mo. Interestingly, my row gauge stayed true.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (11-01-2013), justplaincharlotte (11-01-2013), KnitBeg (11-02-2013)