View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
cassidycolleen
Casting On

Help with foot part of baby footed leg warmers!
Hello. I'm knitting some footed leg warmers for my little girl. I haven't done socks yet, only footless leg warmers. This is the sock foot part of the pattern. I'll put my questions in bold.

Pattern:

- Put half of your stitches on one needle, and half on a second needle. Make sure that your initial starting stitch is centered on your needle so that the eyelet holes will be in the right place.-

Using the needle without your first stitch on it, repeat the following until heel flap is 1.25:

odd # rows: S1, P to end

even # rows: S1, K1 all the way across (So I'm assuming I do not work to other needle at all, right? So should I turn after each row?)

~ end with a K row (Do I start working in the round here or still the same needle?)

~ S1, P to center of row

~ P1, P2tog, P1, turn

~ S1, K back to center

~ K2, SSK, K1, turn

~ S1, P until one st before the gap, P2tog across the gap, P1, turn (What does the gap mean?)

~ S1, K until one st before the gap, SSK across the gap, K1, turn~ repeat the last two steps until you run out of stitches to decrease (ending with a K row) (So am I decreasing until there are no stitches left?)

~ using an empty needle pick up stitches along side of heel (make sure to pick up the same number of stitches on both socks)

~ using another empty needle, K2 P2 rib across top-of-foot needle (So this is the other needle?)

~ using another empty needle, pick up the same # of stitches down the other side of the heel

~ continuing with the same needle, K half the stitches on the heel needle

~ move the other half of the heel needle stitches onto the first needle you used to pick up stitches

~ knit 1st needle, K2 P2 rib across top needle, knit to end

~ 2nd round: K until 3 st before end, K2tog, K1

K2 P2 across top needle

K 1, SSK, K to end of needle

~ 3rd round: K whole round

~ repeat previous two steps until you have 32 sts (I'm supposed to have started the foot part with 32 sts, so how do a decrease to 32 sts??!)

~ K or rib until the foot measures 3 from heel

~ 1st round: K until 3 st before end, K2 tog, K1

K1, SSK, K until 3 st before end, K2tog, K1

K1, SSK, K to end

~ 2nd round: K whole round.

~ repeat previous two step until you have 16 sts

~ then repeat first round until you have 8 sts

~ K the 3 stitches on the first needle onto the third needle

~ finish with kitchener stitch

I'm really frustrated so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
cassidycolleen is offline   Reply With Quote