View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
SockrPlayr
Casting On

I am attaching a picture which can hopefully help. For the instructions that start under the section "Divide for Sleeves and Body", I have knit 25 stitches and placed them on a holder as per the instructions. You can see them in my picture on the right side labeled with "left front". The next part of the instructions says to knit 29 stitches and leave on needle. The instructions labels that section as the left sleeve and I have also labeled that as "left sleeve" in my picture.

For the next part of the instructions: Turn, purl into front and back of first stitch, purl to last stitch, purl into front and back of last stitch: 31 stitches, I took those 29 left sleeve stitches and purl with the increases to end with 31 stitches on the needle. The pattern then says to work back and forth on those left sleeve stitches, so I never left those stitches. I just continued to work on that sleeve going back and forth in pattern until that section of sleeve was 4 1/2 inches long.

And, after writing this out, I think that I have finally figured it out! I think that instead of increasing at each edge until I reached 4 1/2 inches, I was only supposed to increase on the edge that ONE time! If that occurred, then I would have only had 31 stitches on my needle...not the 83 that I have now and then when I decreased two stiches in line 5, I would have been left with only 29.

I guess it's time for me to start ripping things out! Yikes!!!!

Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	57212  
SockrPlayr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SockrPlayr For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (11-12-2013)