View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
clwwk3011
Casting On

FO - Cozy Purl Ridge Mittens
After getting some help over on these mittens in the How-to forum, I was encouraged to come post the finished project, so here I am!

I knit my very first pair of mittens using Jenny Gordy's Cozy Purl Ridge Mittens pattern. (Sadly, it's not a free pattern. It was a bit of an impulse buy/belated birthday present to myself.) I knit it using Manos Del Uruguay's Maxima in the color oxygen, which I had in my stash.

These mittens were a little touch-and-go for awhile! I slipped the SKPs of the first mitten's decreases as if to purl, not as if to knit, and I had some trouble with the bind off on both. I ended up frogging all the decreases on the second mitten, which made me very nervous, but it worked out. I will admit that I sort of just crossed my fingers on the picking up of the thumb stitches and hoped it worked out. I think it did, although it did require some "creative" weaving-in at the end.

For better or worse, I think these mittens may be given away (I am a selfish knitter in that I like to keep my projects for myself). Even after blocking, they're a tad tight around thumb area for me (they fit, but the gauge is a little looser and therefore might not be as warm). I know someone who would really like them (in part because she has already seen them and commented as such).

Will I only be knittin' mittens for the rest of my life? Probably not, but I did enjoy the relative ease of the project, all things/hiccups considered. *runs off to find some free mitten patterns to use up some stash yarn*
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3695.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	57362  
clwwk3011 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clwwk3011 For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (12-22-2013)