Thread: My Boring Scarf
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

My Boring Scarf
Yes, thought I'd die of boredom before I finished it. I'd never knit a scarf before so i learned a couple of things, LOL.

It'll be handy though, and I actually think that stitch makes kind of a nice look for a scarf - but I'll know next time to either use giant needles and rope, or a variegated yarn or something to add some interest to the process

Now I'm on to start another one - this time in a bulky, variegated yarn and 9mm needles (YESSSSSS!) and a pattern very kindly given to me here on the forum a couple of days ago from Tabsheltie7

A question - you'll see in my photo that one end of the scarf has a definite "bow" to it - that's my cast-on row - do you know what causes that?

I use the knit-on cast on, and my tension is generally pretty loose - in fact I'm thinking I should increase it a bit, and work on getting it more even overall. I'll try long-tail cast on this time anyway, because tabsheltie7 mentioned it was recommended for this pattern. Don't know why, being a scarf - but then, there's quite a few things I don't know... I've also noticed on here that a lot of you like the long-tail co best for most of your work. And yes, I did block the scarf.

Thanks, and Happy New Year everyone, and best wishes for 2014 to be a happy and healthy one for everybody at kh and their families
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020928.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	57391