View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:16 AM   #1
SleepingCetra
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Skype™ to SleepingCetra
How do you keep from losing your place?
I don't know if this is only a problem for beginners, but I get intimidated looking at a pattern that has several different stitch techniques in a single round because I am afraid I will lose my place, sort of like when you are counting up to a large number and stumble just for a moment and then have to start over from the beginning because you are worried you will have miscounted if you take a guess.

I am about to start the Zigzag lace pattern on my cowl and there are 28 rounds of 168 sts with various SSK and YO and other things, things I have never even tried before! However, I am not worried about the technique, only losing track of where I am in a round.

I can knit with the TV on usually when it is a simple pattern, but I have to concentrate on this to make sure I don't skip a step. I have a pen and paper beside me, I have been marking my completed rounds to keep my place, but now I think I am going to do that for the stitches in every round.

So, how do you do it? Do you have a notepad to keep a tally on, or is it just second nature at this point?
SleepingCetra is offline   Reply With Quote