Thread: toe-up socks
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #12
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,003 Times in 2,516 Posts
Originally Posted by usamacka View Post
Read your post Grumpy Grandma about the fleegle heal and then went to the blogspot to see the photos that are posted (link in above posting)....Is this method given for any PATTERN that might be posted somewhere....I admit, I am a bit lost looking at the photos...but maybe because I have only knit 3 pairs of socks...so probably not enough experience. I will read it again and maybe it will sink in. Thanks for the references and information.
Here's what you need to do and it will work on any toe up sock you knit. Knit until the foot part is the right length and Liat Gat will show you exactly how to know in KNITFreedom - Toe Up Socks: When To Start Increases For Fleegle Heel and she talks about increasing for the gusset. Per Fleegle's instructions, increase the heel stitches until you have the correct number (your heel stitches will be 2 less than half your total sock stitches) or skip the math, go here here and scroll down to find your numbers on the chart. When you're ready to turn the heel watch
KNITFreedom - Toe-Up Socks: Turning The Heel (Fleegle Heel) and disregard the numbers for her pattern and just follow the rest of the instructions.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (03-06-2014)