View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
XtopherCB
Knitting the Flap

ha. ha-ha. ha-ha-ha. do it myself... ha.

actually, i kept looking further and found Knit Visualizer software from Knit Foundry (http://www.knitfoundry.com). it has a big paid version, but also free/limited-feature versions for both windows and mac. i downloaded the windows version and tried it out... tons of stitch options, grid sizes, color choices, instructional notes for insert, etc. it's less "here's what it could look like" and more "here's how to write a pattern for others that's Excel-based" than i'd hope for. what it does is help you create the stitch grid pattern, not actually create a picture.

so you'd still have to know what the symbols mean, and how to count them all out appropriately, etc. will take some learning on my part, but it's a start, and i thought i'd mention it here in case anybody who already knows how to create and read those patterns is interested in making their own for patterns and stitches they've created.

will update this as able if i DO find the 'dream sequence' kind i actually have in my brain...
OTK: 10-stitch blanket that i'm not liking, modified arrowhead pattern scarf/cowl that i'm also not liking, more almost lost wash cloths, and SOCKS SoCkS sOcKs for the first time. and now 2nd time. and now 3rd time...
XtopherCB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XtopherCB For This Useful Post:
salmonmac (05-31-2014)