View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 12:34 AM   #7
eye595
Casting On

Brand Spanking New to Knitting
I don't know what got into me today but driving home from a Georgia Tech football game, I decided it would be a great idea to take up knitting so that I can make scarves in the school color for all my friends. This is of course a fad and I should get over it in a week or two but so far I'm still on course. I went by Michaels and picked out my soft yellow and navy yarns, how to knit kit that came with a book, needles and bunch of things I didn't recognize and stood in the check out lane. I then saw Michaels' offers knitting classes for $15.00 which sounded like a better idea and off went the supplies. After I came home, I remembered I have a memory span of about 15 minutes which means I'll have to take a whole lot of the classes at $15 per session. I then ran a goggle search for 'how to knit video' and here I am! What an awsome site!! The videos are incredible for newbies like me. I have viewed every single video under Basic Techniques and feel like I might be able to tackle knitting after all. In fact, I'm heading out the door to the 24 hour Wal-Mart for my supplies so that I can get started. But before I buy out the store, I wanted to let you (Amy) know how appreciative I am for this website. Regardless of how long this fad may last for me, you have at least helped me make the first step. And who knows - I might just surprise and end up being a marathon runner.

Thanks so much (especially for the videos).
knittingfan0908 (01-04-2009), stephy197 (07-19-2011)