View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #17
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Amigarabita-- did they say which kind of CO to use? Backward loop maybe? And, I assume, Basic Knit BO....
Is there a picture somewhere I can see the results?

Kiri--I'll definitely be adding the Fair Isle technique info soon. Well, as soon as the weather cooperates! (I only shoot in sunlight, because I don't have fancy studio lighting...and it's been cloudy for two weeks! )

If you're eager to get started: the basic principle of two-handed Fair Isle knitting is to use the Continental Knitting style (by holding one color yarn in the left hand), and also the English knitting style (to hold the other color yarn in the right hand). You knit with both yarns, exactly in the ways shown in the Continental and English knitting videos, just alternating the two methods. Hold the most-used color in the hand you're most comfortable knitting with.

~Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote