View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 11:49 AM   #3
Cindy
Casting On

Left / Right Twists using Coninental knitting
Thank you for you reply. However, if you have ever tried to to this stitch (Left Twist) using the continental method, you will find it very difficult to PURL through the back of the second stitch and then knit the first stitch. My problem is - where do you put the yarn for the purl stitch (in front or in back of the needle), and in which direction do you insert the needle to do this purl stitch (towards left or right)? It is VERY diffcult and takes way too long to accomplish for one lousy stitch. I end up having to use a crochet hook just to pull the yarn through that loop. Would the same effect be accomplished by doing a cable stitch, putting the first stitch on a cable needle (behind or in front of work?), purling the second stitch from the front (not back) and then moving the 1st stitch back on the left needle and knitting it? For me this might be easier than the finger gymnastics required to do this left twist using the continental method. I know how to do a knit in back of a stitch. It's the purling in back of the 2nd stitch that is comlicating things. Recommendations? THANKS!
Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote