View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
Site Admin
amy's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 3,801
Thanks: 352
Thanked 773 Times in 160 Posts
Hi Christine!

They are the same method. Sometimes people will hold the yarn at a slightly different angle, and hook it with the needle in a more exaggerated way, but it is still called continental knitting. Some people will even "throw" the yarn around the needle, like in the English method. But if they are holding the yarn in their left hand, even this can be called continental knitting, although this is less common, and is not typically what people mean when they say Continental knitting.

Hope that helps.
Glad you're enjoying the CD and the site!

KnittingHelp Queen Bee

“It is not because things are so difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
— Seneca
amy is offline   Reply With Quote