View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
victorious
Casting On

I taught myself to knit with this site ONLY!
I taught myself to knit with JUST this site.. I LOVE IT & have recommended it to friends. I taught myself (or learned from your videos, cast on, knit, purl, bind off) & proceeded to make my first 2 projects... 2 scarves.

I noticed my edges looked kinda crazy... but I attributed it to skill. After the second scarf also looked nutty.(even thought the stitching looked nice & neat) I searched your forum for tips on how to make my edges neater.

I found that I should have SLIPPED the first stitch in every row! Can't go back...but I think an ESSENTIAL TIPS section would be helpful.

I would suggest a tips section with the following:
- How to get neat scarf edges..slip stitch with a video.
- How to use circular needles...with a video on how to stop & start a new row. (I'd love to try a new pattern .. but I can't find anything on the web that shows me how to use those circular needles).
- changing colors video (even though the russian video shows the color change....it would be nice to see it knitted in or with 2 pieces of yarn. My weaving in of ends needs a LOT of work... I'm going to try that russian join on my next scarf.

THAT's about it for now... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :D
victorious is offline   Reply With Quote