View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 01:15 AM   #3
Site Admin
Christine, I love your avatar image! So cute! Are those your kids?

Those are all great size needles to have. Congratulations on getting a steal!

I just bought a pair of Addi Turbo 16" circulars. I've never tried out Addi's before, as much as I've heard them raved about, because I could never afford them, and I liked my Boyes just fine. But I figured it's time to give them a go. I just did a little testing the Addi's out, by wrapping yarn over them and sliding it back and forth on the needle, to see how smooth it felt. I compared it to my Boyes, and I have to say, much to my surprise, I could totally tell the difference! The Boyes, which I've always considered to feel very smooth and slippery, felt almost bumpy by comparison. It's wild! I had no idea! I can't wait to try them out for real, on a hat project I'm planning.

...Not to try to sell anyone on them. I've gone this many years, loving knitting, with all my other kinds of needles. I can't yet say that I'm an Addi "convert." But I'm really curious to play with my new toy! I feel like I'm about to test drive a Ferrari or something! LOL

KnittingHelp Queen Bee

“It is not because things are so difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
— Seneca
amy is offline   Reply With Quote