Thread: Teddy Bears
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
I **ALWAYS** check out amazon.com before I buy any book, whether or not I intend to order from their site. I think the customer reviews are really helpful, and you hear opinions from many people who have used the book, and possibly why it did or didn't work for them.
I totally agree! I checked out the amazon review. There's actually only one review posted; it's a 5 star review. In addition to checking out the consumer reviews on amazon, I also jot down the ISBN and go to Barnes & Nobles to examine that book with my own two eyes. I hardly ever actually order books from Amazon or buy them from Barnes&Nobles. Barnes & Nobles retail is never cheap and BN.com and Amazon.com match the retail prices once you roll in shipping & handling. So internet discounts only work if you meet the free s&h requirements. :( So I just use them for the research phase and then buy the book from a small "mom & pop" bookstore down the street. They give discounts just from ordering from them ... it's a standard 20% off and you never even have to worry about any s&h ... even on so called "special orders" :D

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote