View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 08:57 AM   #9
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
START DAY!
To all my dahling KALSTERS (yes I made that up):

Today, March 1st is our official start day. Everyone should have at least purchased their yarn, or have darn good intentions to head out the door.

There is a 40% coupon for Michaels for this week, might be in Sunday's paper, your Penny Saver, Super Saver, local military newspaper, or in your neighbors newspaper. I have never been beyond stealing their paper at 4 a.m., taking out the flyer and putting the paper back. All is fair in Coupons N' War.

If you steal TWO neighbors papers, you can harass some lady walking in to Michael's and buying a skein of yarn for you with the other coupon. This is the only legal way to use two coupons, but then you run the risk of her using the coupon for herself. *gasp* You could get your DH, DS, DD, etc. to go to the store with you and buy your yarn w/coupon. Also legal.

Lastly, you can sweet talk the cashier into ringing up your yarn purchases seperately and using the coupon twice, but not very likely...I've been told by a nameless Michael's employee that the store managers are now checking the cashier's tapes at the end of the day to see how many times the coupons have been used. Can you believe each coupon has it's own UPC code??? It's like they don't trust us! *has look of mock disbelief*.

So, in conclusion, GO BUY YOUR YARN AND START KNITTING YOUR SCARF!

Denise
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote