View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Re: Pricing a small crocheted item
Originally Posted by happenin
Okay so it's NOT Buy/Sell/Swap or knitting......but I figured it was better posted here than elsewhere on the site.

A question for those of you crafters who sell items....or those of you who would buy something similar. For an item to be sold among friends at work..... I'm curious to learn...what's the going price(s) (in US $) for these items?

Crocheted shamrock, 100% acrylic, 3 inches high by 2 wide.

-With a inch pin back or

-With a diameter round magnet.

Would the price be the same using 100% cotton instead of acrylic?

Thanks for your answers!
When I sell items, I charge per yard, plus cost of materials. For example, if I am selling a plain garter scarf made of 100 yds, I'd charge $0.10 per yard ($10) and cost of materials (usually one skein of some yarn). So the scarf would cost about 15 bucks or so.

I'd determine how many yds each piece uses and then do the math to add the materials charge.

Of course, this only applies if you want to get really technical about it, which I do. When I sold items, I included an itemized "receipt". One lady who bought from me came back and energetically complimented me on the "receipt"; she said she really appreciated my taking the time to itemize where her money was going.

Just a thought ...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	temp_676.jpg
Views:	1791
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	19337  

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote