View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #15
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
[quote="Hildegard_von_Knittin"]
Originally Posted by carollovesyarn
I was thinking this would be like a circle thing... FMama, Beldie, KK and I all have stuff we want to get rid of... so Fmama puts 3 things labeled FM in a box, and sends it to Beldie... Beldie looks at the box, takes out 2 things from FMama and puts in 2 things she doesn't need labeled BD, then sends it to KK.... KK takes one thing from FMama and one thing from Beldie, puts 2 of her extras labeled KK in, then send it to me... I take out one thing, put one thing in, and send it to Amy who just jumped on the bandwagon.... Amy follows suit, etc etc etc (i don't remember why the labeling is important, but it is)
*and by extras I mean comparable amounts... If I put in 3 skeins of noro (yean right) and KK takes all three and puts in 3 ziploc bags of 2-foot long fun fur ends, it's not exactly the same (sheesh, KK! ) This is about honor system all the way....
It actually would take a lot of organizing; we'd have to do address lists, figure how/where to add people, making sure that we're not sending the box unnecessarily across the country (if KK and I are in northern IL it makes sense for me to send to KK first instead of sending to someone in NY who will send it to KK)... and the downfall is that the person who puts in first might not get a change to take OUT for a while.... what happenes when someone runs off with the box, or the PO loses it, or someone goes on vacation and the box sits for 2 weeks w/o moving, etc etc etc. It was a LOT easier with beads, because they're small... we had 45 people on the list, and we still have a very small priority mail sized box... I personally don't want to lug something that's 4 foot square to the PO and mail it.
Anyway, there are REALLY GOOD things about it too, like having a surprise at your door one day, finding just the right bit of REALLY COOL yarn, finding something that's not available in your area....
I don't know, maybe logistically it isn't workable
MY HEAD HURTS!!!!!
And, I would NEVER send you a ziploc bag of 2-foot long fun fur ends....I just gave three extra skeins of that to my residents. Fun fur remnants I would send to Beldie so she could make more handcuffs! :P
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote