View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #15
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Ok you hippy hippos...

re The Subject! :rollseyes: um,

I couldn't figure it out Kelly... (& those who can) It just looks complicated to me. I suppose it's not but what does this mean:

Cast on 15 stitches and, working back and forth on the circular needle, knit 32 rows, making a garter stitch square with 16 ridges on each side.

Continuing from the corner where the final row finishes, pick up and knit 15 stitches along each of the other three sides of the square (total 60 stitches)

I mean, how do you pick up stitches on a square you've made on a circular? I suppose I should look at 'picking up stitches' before asking this but... I know how to pick up stitches on a sock but on a square edge? I dunno. And the other stuff sounds hard too.

I got very impatient and just started knitting this other simple bag but believe it or not (I'm pretty thick sometimes I guess) I started doing it on 2 straight needles. I DON'T KNOW WHY. Check this pattern, she says to use 2 sets of different size circulars and then she never says which ones to use, nor the dpns.... or if you should join the rounds. I think it's not a very good pattern. ? (although it's easy once you get into it)

http://www.geocities.com/knitter01/koolaid.html

Sooooo, after those first 8 rows with all those stiches on them, I could hardly wield ??? the straight needles and I put them on a circular & joined them so as to have no seam. I have a hole of course at the bottom but I was danged if I was going to frog this thing after all those make ones. m1 So I figure I will crochet a bottom into it.

Ha ha, the saga of the so-called easy shopping bag. Btw, it's looking pretty cool... it's white white white cotton, I got a big cone of it at Wal-yuk-mart... for only $2.30!

But this bag may be a joke in the end.

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote