* Cast on 22 stitches, work K1, p1 for 3 rows to form ribbing.
* Row 4: Knit
* Row 5: Purl
* Row 6: (Pattern) K1, *k2tog across row to last st. *, K1.
* Row 7: K1, pick up stitch between and below next st, continue until last 2 sts, K2. * Row 8: Knit
* Row 9: Purl
* Row 10: Same as row 6.
* Row 11: Same as row 7 (this pattern row is later used to run ch thru for ties)
* Begin instep: Knit 7 sts, place on holder, K8 and place remaining 7 sts on another holder. (22 sts)
* Work the 8 sts of instep in K1 row, P1 row for 10 rows.
* Break yarn off at end of 10 rows. End with knit row and place the 8 sts on holder also.
* Pick up 7 sts on holder plus 5 sts along side of instep, 8 sts at end
of instep, 5 sts along other side of instep and remaining 7 sts on the
* Work these 32 sts for six rows in a K1 row, P1 row, on 7th row bind off.
* Sew up bottom and back of bootie.
* Crochet a single chain to use as a tie for the booties, one for each.
* Pom Poms can be added to the end of the ties.
I put the whole thing in so you could see..it is from the 5 hour baby sweater pattern. It actually says...between and below...but I have seen it to make a kind of check, plaid?? pattern ( i think...)