View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 10:48 PM   #4
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

Thanks for your input. I was looking at my toes today and think that the square toe with left side and right side specific fittings) would be best for me. Think I'll go that way and use the figure 8 cast on the same as Kemp. I will have to pay attention to the increases to see what I like best.

My impression of toe up socks at this point is that you have a lot of freedom to shape the sock any way you want. I could make triangle, round, pointy, or square toes. I'm glad that I have done one pair of socks already though. Otherwise, I don't think I'd want all of that freedom and choice when making a pair of socks.

Rebecca, I also want to try 2 socks on circs, but that's down the road. I don't even have any circs yet and I feel I would want to do something simpler with them first before I attempt to make two socks at once. I am a little intimidated, but still very intrigued by them.

Since I'm making my first pair of toe up socks for my son, I'm hoping I can just "wing it" a bit as there are a lot of sites that tell you how to construct the sock with out writing every single line...which is what I like. I'm not a row counter and following a bunch of instructions is an invitation to a disaster, or at least a deformed looking sock
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote