View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #8
JGM
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to JGM
Ok, new question on same pattern....

Instructions for a 'cable 3 right' say:
slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold to back; knit next st from left needle; purl the purl st from cable needle then knit last st from cable needle

Here's my situation: The next three stitches from right to left (on the left needle) are knit, purl, knit. So, that makes the two stitches to hold to the cable needle (R-L) a knit, purl. So far, so good. I then knit the remaining stitch from the left needle and move to work the cabled stitches. Here's where I'm stumped. The instructions say to purl into the purl stitch and then knit the knit stitch from the cable needle. But the purl stitch is on the left! Am I not slipping the stitches properly or is there some fangled way to knit left to right that I don't know? I'm 99% sure I have the stitches from the previous row correct, although this is the start of the first row after working what I had a question about above.... HELP!

If pictures would help, please ask and I will get them up.

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
KER++ Exp+(+) SPM+(+) Wood@ KPO++ !Pl Boye- Cas? Den> Bam> Syn- !Nov Cot>+ Wool+++ Hemp>+ Stash+(+) Scale+ Fin(+) ENT> FI+ Int+ Tex++ Lace> Felt+ Flat Circ++ DPN++ ML+>+ Swatch-@ KIP->+ Blog++ EZ->+ FO WIP GaugeF(DW, W) AltCr
------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------
JGM is offline   Reply With Quote