My Kitty Pi Bed is blocking!!!
This was SUCH a fun project; I think I'm going to make a second one, so I have one for my own cat, and one for the shelter!
This was my most successful project to date using my own home-spun yarn. I'm rather an amateur at spinning, and my yarn is not very even. With a felted project like this, you totally can't tell it's unneven! Love it! I'll definitely be using my home-spun for felted projects in the future!
I used size 11 needles, and followed the pattern exactly. Great pattern. The only thing I added was to thread the CO tail through a tapestry needle and run it through the CO stitches and pull tight to close the little hole at the center. It took a full 1/2 hour of agitation time in the wash to felt to size with my particular yarn. I've put a 12" ruler in the photos for reference. I'll try to get a photo tonight of my kitty trying it out tonight. Until then, here are the photos of my progress....