Thread: Needle case
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 11:48 PM   #6
Instepping Out
The only needle case I have is with a set of Clover bamboos that was my first "set" i bought when i took up knitting a year ago. They came in a fairly nice tapestry fabric case with all the needles in pockets and a flap then you roll it up and wrap a velcroed ribbon around it. I just realized a few weeks ago when taking out a needle, that it had funny darkish marks on it. not too dark, but mottled almost like a light mildew turns out the black fabric that lines the case must have bled a little on some of the needles. I emailed the company last month on how to clean them and never got a reply :(
I have some fabric i got at michaels and an idea in my head but haven't made my own roll. i see the silk ones by lantern moon and they are nice, but it seems the idea in my head just doesn't exist.
I have both the denise and boye sets, but i also have several addis and several sets of bamboo and aluminum straights. i'm an equal opportunity knitting tool freak.
but, I am leaning toward a needle roll in some sort of nice fabric, maybe more than one depending on need and mood. I have seen some sites that sell clear acrylic tubes with red caps for carrying straights in your bag. that would be an ok idea too.
that's my inital 482 cents!
BinkyKat is offline   Reply With Quote