View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #18
Racerkatie
1st Leg of the Journey

I checked in here during lunch at my desk and you guys have me LOL.

I had double-pointeds in the stocking I was working on to and from Denver out of Sacramento last week with no problem (knew the TSA site said they were ok, but I still wondered if they would make me unload them from my bag or give me a hard time). The rounded end scissors I sometimes carry have been pulled from my bag one trip out of maybe 10 and inspected to confirm that they were sufficiently rounded and then given back to me. I did not take my Gingher snippers, though, fearing their ends were too sharp and pointy.

Coming home from Denver last week I was worried whether I'd get a harder time about the needles than here in Sacramento. No, instead I got teased about Chocolate! The TSA guy greeting people as they unpacked for inspection wanted to know if I had a laptop or video camera in my briefcase, and for once I didn't have the laptop to drag out and repack so I cheerfully replied "No." And the agent then rather mournfully but insistently asked .... "do you have any CHOCOLATE? I replied that I was so sorry I did not but I'm in Denver relatively often so I could bring some next time. Then the older agent at the metal detector looked at me scoldingly as he took my boarding pass and said "you better have chocolate next time." I promised I would.
Racerkatie is offline   Reply With Quote