Thread: FO: Hat done!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 02:01 AM   #1
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
FO: Hat done!
As some of you may recall, I started a hat last Monday while waiting at the dr's office w/ the kids.

Well, I finished it over Thanksgiving. Here's DD modeling it for me:

The best part is that I started a knitting FRENZY while we were there!!! While I was sitting there talking w/ my SIL, I picked up some extra needles and extra yarn & cast on a few stitches and handed it to her. Then I just started showing her what to do, and she was hooked. ;-) (hee hee) She never really did get a chance to knit a whole lot, but she enjoyed what she did and was very proud of herself.

On top of *that*, two of my nieces and my "niece-in-law" (married to my nephew) picked up some "Nifty Knitters" that were lying around and started making stuff w/ those, too! Niece-in-law finished a cute hat, one niece was determined to make a scarf (but I think she ran out of time), and the other is working on a hat, too. It was so fun. I can't wait to see what everyone shows up with at Christmas.

Anyway, back to the hat above. It's made w/ Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Jelly Bean, and the pattern is here. The yarn washed up to be much softer than I expected; it was really quity stiff and scratchy to start with.

I'll be shipping this off to my niece in CO tomorrow!! My first completed gift.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote