View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #12
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Andrea
That's awesome! I have made a couple of those and mine seem more "round"...is the secret of the correct shape at the top in the drying process??
You know Andrea, I don't know. :( I wish could help. I didn't do the RT's in the pattern if that matters and my "blocking" tool was decidedly rectangluar now that I think of it. I dried the bag upside down over a rectangular shaped tupperware container that was the same height as the bag. I'm not sure what did it, but that's what I did.

I love yours in my blog tho (was it you that posted? I'll check again) it's actually closer to the shape I wanted.

If you mean the shape of the actual mouth of the bag, it may mean making sure you pick up enough stitches on the long sides so that they are sufficiently longer than the short sides. I noticed when I was picking up, I really had to pay attention to make sure I ended up all the stitches I wanted all around (I prefer things to be symmetrical that way :rollseyes: ).

HTH....[/b]

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote