View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
How do you know he almost got them? Did he tell you that? Hope he got something good!
He told me this afternoon. Unless he's been talking to my best friend {not unheard of in the least}, he wouldn't have known how much I'd like an interchangable set. Like I said, he'd only seen me eyeing up the Needlemaster set, and I don't recall saying anything about it to him then. I seriously doubt he would have even brought it up if he had gotten them... he's not the type to drop red herrings like that.

When we were at Ram's about a week ago picking up his sock yarn, there wasn't really any time at all to look and feel. He may have done a bit of touchy feely while I was waiting in line. He did see me eye up the thummed mittens kits, and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned to him that I wanted one. I took a quick peek at the FT patterns, but not long enough for him to notice. I took a half-decent look at the various gift sets they had and he was right beside me as I did. He was also beside me as I asked the clerk for the bamboo dpns, and knows they would be a treat for me... Lotsa choices, I'll find out tomorrow morning whether or not he actually bought me anything there or not! If he did, that's a first since he's never managed to come out of an LYS with a present for me yet!

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote