View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

If you really want to learn to knit, keep with it. It took me three whole-hearted tries before it finally clicked. You need a couple of things though in order to succeed since it doesn't come "naturally" to you. First and foremost, you need to have a NEED to learn. My NEED was a fairly simple baby blanket kit my DH bought for me when I was on bed rest while preggers. Secondly you need a good resource for learning. That can be in the form of a learn how book, a dvd or online videos like the ones Amy has done for us here. Thirdly you need someone you can ask questions and they can answer them in language you understand... or at least that will provide a sympathetic ear when whatever it is that you're trying to do just isn't working out right.

Keep at it... it'll click eventually and then you'll wonder what all the fuss was about! If you need help with anything, just holler... someone here is always willing to help.

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote