View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 10:03 AM   #12
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

I haven't really developed preferences with my knitting like I have with crochet hooks. I don't care for the flexibility of plastic needles. I'm afraid I will warp or break them... and my kids *have* broken a few already. The type of tip I like depends on the yarn I am working with. I find that the Balene needles I bought before to make scarves with the Bernat Eye Lash, while flexible, have a nice tip that easily gets under those hidden stitches. For the socks I'm knitting for DH out of worsted wool, I have a set of antique Boye dpns that I love. The tip is nice and pointy, and my new RH dpns are much more rounded. Even the new Boyes have a pointier tip than my RHs, but not as sharp as my old ones. I bought a set of bamboo dpns, but was afraid to use them with the thick wool for DHs socks... I will probably try them when I can get to my STR socks.

I'm hoping to develop a relationship soon with Denise's and Addi's... but at nearly $70 for the set, and $20 and up for the Addi circs, it's gonna be a slowly developing collection!

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote