View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
monzogary
Knitting the Flap

FO: Andean colorwork hat
So here is the finished Andean hat I did for the KO - turned out to not be so much of a challenge as I thought! For the last 20 years I've been afraid I would have a big jumbled mess if I tried to do colorwork with a lot of colors, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to do a two color cast on, but finally figured it out with some help here. My 5 yo has decided she wants one too, so I think I will try to figure out how to make the hat just a bit bigger and make her one too. I have never done any pattern adjusting so that will be a challenge in and of itself. If I get that done quickly too, I have two pair of socks on needles that would be a challenge to get done after a second hat. Boy do I feel silly now that I made so much fuss over doing colorwork! This is my 2 1/2 yo showing off her new hat that she doesn't want to take off now. I made a few minor changes to the pattern - I made I-cord instead of twisted cords and I put a pom pom instead of a tassel. Laura really likes the pom pom - the hat is made with Lion brand Microspun and the pom pom is very soft and fluffy!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	02-13-06-olympus_004.jpg
Views:	1392
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	24941  Click image for larger version

Name:	02-13-06-olympus_003.jpg
Views:	1403
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	24942  Click image for larger version

Name:	02-13-06-olympus_006.jpg
Views:	1391