View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 07:41 PM   #28
Working the Gusset
Originally Posted by kimmie
Michelle - thank you for sharing your story. I am so incredibly sorry that you lost TWO babies. What a horrible way you were treated the first time around. That is just so sad. I think your idea of making a hat based on the top of a child's sock is really smart. I have been pondering just how to make such a tiny hat myself. Creating patterns is not my forte.
Since it was my crazy idea to use a sock I'll work something up in the next day or two and post a pattern. Thank you for the fetal demise link. Such a tender idea.

I believe that there is a lesson for everything that happens. We may not realize the lesson for years or decades to come, but I think eventually we understand how that incident affected our lives. I don't believe these things are predestined like someone says, "And today we are going to make Michelle's life really suck" but I think that these things are part of our building blocks that make us ourselves. I have three wonderful children that I have enjoyed raising and while I miss my babies I lost, I can't imagine a world with them because we wouldn't be "us" if they were here. Probably doesn't make any sense. LOL!!
"The world now has the means to end extreme poverty, we pray we will have the will"

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote