View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #40
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Originally Posted by Angelia
Which circs do you use, Jan, for socks and such? Are they like these at halcyon yarns (scroll to the bottom of the page)? I really would like to get a couple of these, but I'm worried they'll be too tight to work the stitches easily...they're not?
Angelia...I have been using my Denises for hats and socks. Any 16 inch circular needle can be used for hats, you just need to choose the needle type you are most comfortable with. My beef with the Denises is that the closest you can get to 16 in is 17 inches. Not a huge difference and it usually works out okay. On the ill fated KO sock I used magic loop with a 40 in circ. I have an order in for a couple Addis so now I'll be able to test them against the Denises and see how I like them. And about your question... since I haven't sucessfully used DPNs I don't know their behaviour, but knitting in the round using all knit stitch does tend to be tighter, but I haven't had a huge problem with it. Give it a try!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote