Thread: Toe-Up Socks!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #51
carollovesyarn
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to carollovesyarn
Der! Two circs. Well, I was posting late at night. At least I wasn't trying to knit - . Thanks for catching that. I was tempted to go back and edit it and ask why you were confused, but I'm not that mean

I just remembered that I didn't get Addis because they are different millimeters than US1 - I had already gotten gauge on US1 dpns, so that's why I went and got the Susan Bates US1 circs. If I were to use Addi US1, my socks could be about 0.75 inches larger. Tho in retrospect, this might not be a bad thing for Jaywalkers! I think I need to get any circ with a flexy cord, Inox express would probably be the most affordable unless I go with an eBay Addi seller.

Afterthought heel! I've been wanting to try one. I'll have to read up and see if I want to try it on these. I know what you mean about the boring part - it seems like the legs take the longest! I guess I was thinking toe-up would be good for limited yardage. Maybe they would also be good for lace-pattern or fairisle socks?

Carol

In the Wings: felted clogs, socks

Recent FO: dishcloth for swap, booties for cousins babe

KALs: Grannie Smith, Monthly Dishcloths, Mason-Dixon
carollovesyarn is offline   Reply With Quote